The school supplies have been purchased. The new backpack, lunch bag and sneakers are ready to go. Her uniform is laid out for the morning. Summer. Is. Over.
Where did the time go? I set my goals high this summer. This was our last summer together as I will be looking for a job soon. I wanted to make it the best summer ever. No pressure, right?
I think I did good. We did a lot. We had a nice balance of doing fun stuff while doing nothing but reading on the porch.
Now it's over and I'm going to miss my sweet girl. I will miss walking her to her little co-op school in the morning. I will miss having lunch with her every day.
I'm so thankful I have had these years with her. I didn't plan on being a stay at home mom or a working mom. I had no plan. Lucky for both me and Georgia, it worked out perfectly.
Tomorrow will be hard. My baby isn't a baby anymore and this makes it official. Luckily I have a great summer and four and a half years home with her to remember and cherish.
Thank goodness Bill is taking tomorrow off! Can you tell I will need support?!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Nana says THANK YOU!!!! I, too, enjoyed my summer with my Georgie. We had many sleep overs at Camp Potomac Green. Made new friends at the pool, watched old movies, went deer sighting, made lasagna etc etc. I had as much fun as she did and I will miss her, too.
ReplyDeleteThanks for restarting the blog!!! Love Mommy, too!